Monday, 30 January 2017

Sad Post

This is a very sad post for us all on the DT here at Winter Wonderland.  Earlier we told you that Eileen, our blog owner and co-ordinater, was ill in hospital.  We did think she was on the mend but unfortunately she took a turn for the worse and very sadly passed away on Sunday morning.  Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends. 



Everybody who knew Eileen personally talks about her sense of fun, her many funny stories and that she was a “party animal” who loved life.

She was a very talented card maker and we all looked forward to seeing her creations on our challenge blog, and also on her personal blog.

Eileen worked very hard to keep this blog ( and her teamies!) running smoothly and she will be sorely missed by us.  In tribute to her we have decided to carry on with the blog and hope to run it very much in the way that she did.

Rest in Peace Eileen – we will miss you!

The Snowflake and Icicle Teams

2 comments:

CraftyLyn said...

I am so sorry to hear the really sad news,my prayers and love are sent to all her family and friends

Jennifer said...

Dear Snowflakes and Icicles,

I am so, so sad to read of Eileen's untimely and very unexpected passing. Of course I never had the privilege of meeting her, but we became 'followers' of each other very early in my blogging days. Her lovely comments gave me the encouragement to continue, and I did feel I knew her. Her cards were indeed lovely and great inspiration. Rest in Peace, Eileen.

My warmest thoughts to all her family and friends.

Jennifer. xx